You will find in this infographic factual information about 25 online project management solutions, however we don’t consider this as a list of “best” applications. The solutions are not ranked in any specific order except alphabetically. We prefer giving you information on important decision factors when choosing online project management software so that you can decide which one is the best for your business needs.
Which solutions have been included
We focused exclusively on Software as a Service (SaaS) project management applications (which means these solutions can be accessed online). There are many other traditional or open source solutions that are not available online (you have to install them on your computers) so we did not include those. We only included products that are focused on project management but not products such as integrated online business suites with project management functions coupled along with CRM and billing or bug tracking products.
The 25 solutions selected for this infographic were based on the size and age of the company developing the product, popularity of the product, social media presence, ease of integration, trust factors and mobile applications availability.
We consider these solutions to be among the most important of the project management category, but that does not mean they are the “best” solutions for you. We always recommend to conduct a thorough research effort when evaluating a software solution. Eventually your research should lead you to a short list of two or three options and from there you can test the products using free trials prior to making your final choice.
What data and criteria we used
We have collected a lot of information about all of the contenders. All the data points we have been using to build this list are available in the public domain:
- Alexa and Compete ranks
- Number of queries in Google per month for the product name
- Number of followers in Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Availability of the solution in the Google Apps Marketplace, Salesforce.com AppExchange or Intuit Marketplace
- Mention of an open API option on website
- Third party security or privacy seals such as TRUSTe and others
- Number of employees
- Availability of iOS and Android apps
- Complete price plan available on website (we excluded products that did not)
We are well aware that there might be some additional important information and criteria — but we decided instead to state the more obvious facts and let you be the judge.
The following is the information we would have liked to use but was not always available:
- Revenue for the solution
- Number of clients/partners
- Number of users
- Retention rate
- Paid vs free users
Have we missed some vendors?
Yes we have!
There are many more solutions available and we encourage you to visit our online project management software category for a more comprehensive list.
Solutions such as Apptivo, Brix, HyperOffice or VisionProject were also considered and could have been included.
We want to improve and update this infographic so please let us know if you are…
- a vendor not represented in this infographic or not listed in our marketplace
- a user of a great solution that you believe should have made it on the list
- someone with ideas about other important indicators (and you know where to find the information!)
- find that your product mis-represented
Please comment below or contact us, we want to know about it.
Follow this link to see the infographic online :