The PMP Prep Podcasts are designed to help you passing PMP exams. In this episode we look at chapter 4 on Project Management Integration from the PMI Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge. This is a critical chapter for anyone studying for the PMP exam, as it sets out the overall structure of the project management processes and how they are integrated to manage and direct the project. Included in this podcast are sections covering the
- Develop the project charter, including a discussion of how this works in different types of organisation such as contractors or clients.
- Develop project management plan, including the sources of information required to develop the project baselines and subsidiary plans and how this builds on the content from the different knowledge areas, such as scope management or time management.
- Direct and Manage Project Execution which includes the completion of the work required in the project management plan.
- Monitor and Control Project Work which includes comparing the actual progress against the plan, identifying new risk and issues, assessing the need for corrective action, tacking the completion of project products and providing status report.
- Perform Integrated Change Control which combines configuration management with control of changes to the triple baselines of scope, time and cost.
- Project Close which involves ensuring that the project is fully completed to the requirements and closed in an orderly way.
This episode is quite long at around forty five minutes, so it might be good to break it into sections. If you want to understand more about PMP prep podcasts it is good to read and listen to the programs then download them. There are numerous advantages that you are going to enjoy if you listen to the episode. One of them is that, your level of understanding PMP exam is going to be increased. Besides that, examples will make you understand the exam concepts and become a good manager.